3. We may change this policy from time to time by updating this information.
4. When a new member joins the club, he/she completes a membership application form which includes name, postal address, telephone numbers and email address (where applicable). Any additional family member’s names are also included. If a new member joins on line, then these details are sent by unencrypted email to the Membership Secretary; otherwise they are sent by post to the Membership Secretary. These personal details are stored in a password protected Access Database maintained by the Membership Secretary. Any changes to the details held that are notified to the club by a member will be made by the Membership Secretary. If details from the database are required by another club committee member in the course of his/her duties then an extract in the form of an Excel spreadsheet may be sent by unencrypted email to that club committee member; but the spreadsheet itself will be password protected to ensure that if it were intercepted by an unauthorised third party it would not be readable.
5. All members have a user account created for them on the club’s website - www.austinmaxiclub.org - in order for them to access the website’s members area (where the club magazine and other relevant information can be downloaded). The information stored on the website for this is only available to the Webmaster and Membership Secretary, and is limited to membership number and, if provided by the member, his/her email address. To access the members area a member is required to log on using the membership number as the user name and a password set by the Membership Secretary. Membership numbers are also linked to an online register of cars, which allows members to check details of their cars held by the club. This ownership information is not available to other users.
6. All financial transactions carried out on line between an individual and the club are facilitated via a third party, currently PayPal. As such the club holds no financial details on its website or in its membership database.
7. The club does not share any personal information with any third party, apart from one exception. All member names and postal addresses are provided to the club magazine printers for them to use to distribute the magazine each quarter.
8. The club will use the personal data it holds to communicate with its members in order to operate as a classic car club. Whenever possible, the preferred method of contact is by email, followed by post. Only in very exceptional circumstances would the club contact a member by telephone. The normal reasons for contacting members are as follows:
• Distribution of membership cards
• Distribution of the quarterly club magazine (“Maximise”)
• To offer renewal of membership
9. Occasionally a broadcast email may also be sent to those members who have their email address being stored on the club’s website. If the club receives an enquiry about specific cars or members, this will be acknowledged and referred to the member concerned, who may then choose whether to respond and/or divulge their own personal information.
10. Membership data will continue to be held by the club for up to two years after a membership has ceased, unless a request is received from the former member to delete all his/her personal information. The club will not use this data to initialise contact with a former member nor will it share it with any third party.
11. Classified adverts are accepted from members of the club and the general public for inclusion on the club website on the understanding that all details provided by the advertiser (including name and contact details) will be published in the advert on the website. This information will be available for the duration of the advert (usually three months, but may be ended sooner on request). All personal data collected for this purpose will be deleted as soon as the advert is removed from the website.
12. You may request details of personal information that we hold about you.If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact the club’s Membership Secretary either by using the “Contact Us” facility on the club website or by using the information published in the latest edition of “Maximise”.